Tuesday, December 23, 2008

12th Day - The clock strikes 12!

I'm realizing now that the 12th day of Christmas is supposed to be on the 25th and I'm ending a day early on the 24th. Phooey. Hmm, I guess I'll just have to post an extra day.

I had made so many plans for Christmas -- since last week. Confession: I've been bahumbugging this year. I haven't done my normal traditions and I've noticed a difference. It just hasn't seemed like Christmas & I've been struggling to find "the spirit." I know what the real spirit is, but that's eluded me too. So! I decided that even though it's late in coming, I would go ahead with some of my normal traditions. This means that I need to do at least the following by the end of tomorrow:
  • Take family pictures, write a "newsletter/update", address all 150 cards & put them in the mail.
  • Make no less than 12 dozen cookies, find incredibly adorable packaging and deliver them to everyone I've ever met.
  • Make a bajillion (very technical, yes?) batches of homemade carmel corn. Each batch takes at least one hour in the oven. Package & deliver.
  • Make some homemade fudge & other sumptious treats. Package & deliver.
  • Put up the rest of my decorations -- wait, most of them since we don't even have the advent calendar up on the wall. Do you think it's too late? Oh, the nativity set -- I need to find that soon. Like, now.

Okay, I see now that I do a lot of cooking around this time of year. It's just what I do, I guess. I won't be able to get all of these things done, so I'm trying not to be overwhelmed. I know that I don't need all of these things to have a good Christmas --- but, I think it would help. Carmel corn anyone? I sure could use some help in the kitchen.

8 comments:

  1. thanks for the suggestions for the blog book. i will check them out!
    merry christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been bah humbugging it a bit myself . . . I haven't done anything for the neighbors or anyone else for that matter . . . won't get it done either. Oh well!

    And yeah! a 13th day of blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tis the year for bah humbuggers I guess!! THis is the first year ever that I have not finished my Christmas shopping the week before Christmas! I am pulling a Big D and having to go out today!! YUCK and Bah Humbug!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck, don't feel overwhelmed and enjoy Christmas Eve. Love you and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What no tameles on that list? You should check out this blog...

    http://www.jetsetcarina.blogspot.com

    Give your self a break Christmas will be Christmas with out all that stuff! Have a Merry day....wish you were here

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's funny how we almost kill ourselves with our to do lists at this time of year. Every year I tell myself that I will plan better next year and not procrastinate anything. That must be one of my traditions :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Um, where's my Christmas card???

    Oh yeah, I think I'm coming to see you...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your carmel corn! Hope your Christmas was peaceful.

    ReplyDelete

Gimme some love!