Most of you probably don't know that I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia almost 9 years ago. After several years of thinking I was losing my mind I was able to get a diagnosis & medical help. Though there is no cure, the treatment is to manage the symptoms. That sounds easier than it actually is. The easiest way to describe the pain is to imagine that you have the aches and pains that come with the flu, then imagine having it everyday -- all day. It's in the tissue, not the bones like arthritis. With fibromyalgia comes the lack of deep sleep and most often you wake up from a nights sleep feeling just as tired as when you went to bed. It's quite lovely.
Most of the medical community embraces fibromyalgia
as a true medical condition, unfortunately not all people do - even some doctors. Despite this there are actual criteria to determine a diagnosis. I try not to complain because I can still see, hear, walk and talk. But truth be told, it is tiring and it makes its presence known in most everything I do. Sometimes I snub my nose at it -- and then I pay for it with a day in bed.M has been praying for a white Christmas, but my barometer reading says it's not going to happen. Now, if I could just get paid for my accurate weather forecasting.
Dear sister, i have utterly enjoyed every one of your blog entries, I feel as if know the REAL you much better now. I pray for your health often and hope to see you and your family soon. thanks for sharing your thoughts and have a great christmas
ReplyDeletelove, your Big brother
Jun
Not to be flippant . . . but, yes, it is flippant . . . my hair is my barometer! I can tell by the frizziness the kind of weather we'll be having . . . .
ReplyDeleteT, you are inspiring, you have a lot to deal with and through it all are a beautiful person!
Man that would be a great cash flow if you could figure out how to make your aches and pains pay out!! I truly admire the women that I know who suffer from fibromyalgia and the determination to live a good life! You Rock!
ReplyDeleteYes you are a trooper..Sorry I don't know whos' side you got that from but I can now sorta understand what you're going thru.My side affects of the medication are somewhat like that but of course not as bad..Hang in there you are doing a great job of dealing with it, we moms do it for our kids..and your friend is right, Too Bad you can't make money off it:) MOM
ReplyDeleteI don't think I have to tell you how absolutely, completely and totally I understand what you're saying, right? :)
ReplyDeleteL