I find myself glancing over at my sweet M and finding that I don't recognize her. While at the movies a couple of weeks ago to see the movie UP! I looked over and saw that her head was well above the chair back. When did she become so tall? I hear her pray and wonder when she became so spiritually aware. I watch her move among others and marvel at how comfortable she is in her own skin.
Am I really her mother? Often I wonder if I'm simply the stagehand preparing the theater for what will be a truly impressive performance of humanity. She is full of light and love. Each day she makes me grateful to be part of her cast of supporting actors.
That role is plenty big for me.
(M on Father's Day 2009)
I've got bad news for you :( I've tried to stop the growing up of my children and much to my chagrin it hasn't worked . . . . :) Short of not feeding them, time does pass on . . .
ReplyDeleteLove your header pic!
YEs you are her mother and you are doing one terrific job with her. I am proud to call you my friend and learn and grow from you!!!!
ReplyDeleteI can completely relate. The other day I realized I was basically having an eye-to-eye (physically speaking) converstion with my almost 13 yr. old. It was so weird. She thinks its great to be tall, which does make me happy, but it was a strange moment.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, love your castle pic header.
I as your mom I felt somewhat the same way,some not so physically tall,but all of you spiritually tall!:D I knew as I watched all of you growing up, that you all had unique personalities,strengths,talents but what humbled me the most was to see you all grow to have such strong testimonies and love for the gospel! All of My children are truly "Saturdays Warriors" How blessed I've been to have helped even in small ways by raising all of you. The true rewards are watching what a wonderful job "my" children are doing with "their" children. Miranda is one of those spirits saved for this time,sent to one of the best Moms to prepare her for doing great things-Love Mom
ReplyDelete