My father's "Father's Day" gift is sitting in my ironing room. I'm so organized that I've had it for almost a month. It's pretty cool, except it won't do him much good in my house. Sorry Dad --- it'll get there soon enough. I've had a little bit on my plate lately.
Soooo, since he won't have anything to open from me (which is considered a major faux pas in my family's house) I figured I could write something to him on my blog for the entire world to see.
Thanks to my dad I -
- am never intimidated at a car repair shop
- know that my word is worth more than gold
- believed for years that I could be the first woman President of the United States
- learned that you get what you pay for (most of the time)
- learned how to argue like a lawyer at a young age
- know how work past exhaustion and make do without a full night's sleep
- am a great speller since he would always say "look it up in the dictionary."
- learned how to stand up to injustice & then try to fix the system
- know that no one can "make" me mad (or anything else)
Happy Father's Day! to one of my first teachers. I love you dad. --- Beeb
Amen to making do without sleep!
ReplyDeleteI remember Dad once got of work then drove straight to Point Reyes National Seashore and hiked for two hours, just to meet my group on my fourth year hike!
Thats dedication, or just craziness!
But Beeb, I don't remember any "arguments." I thought in our family, we don't argue, we have "discussions." Hahaha!