It's been a mere three months and I'm done. I have decided that I cannot keep up with a blog. There are too many things in my mind I'm almost always frustrated that I can't make them materialize into a coherent post on this blog. I'm too "wordy," my grammar stinks and I find myself rambling. How many people are actually reading this thing anyhow? I wanted to put up a counter, but I'm afraid it would depress me. Wait - why was I doing this blog? I thought it was for posterity, not popularity. Hmm. Interesting. My life is completely devoid of anything interesting and the blog only makes that point glaringly clear to me. Oy! In any case, I am proud that I've made it longer than most of my diets last! Trust me when I say that I'm NOT fishing for words of encouragement. It would only be fake and no one likes forced interest. For the record, here's what has been on my mind lately:
- Adoption
- Being mad at my dad
- Homeschooling
- Death (really, don't be worried)
- M's birthday in August
- Girl's Camp
- My mission
And many more subjects that are of little consequence to most of you. I have a few posts in the draft folder which will probably never see the light of day... it's probably better that way.
Thank you, dear friends, for having visited since March. Thank you for listening and commenting. It's been real. Don't worry, I'll still stalk your sites! All my best.... T
T, I have to say (even though you aren't fishing for compliments), it has been a pleasure reading your blog. For me a blog is a way to keep up with family . . . and since most of my siblings and my parents and my nieces and nephews blog, it is a really rewarding experience for me. I look at this as journaling. Did you know you can publish your blog into a book? I plan on doing this, and then it WILL be for posterity. I have always kept journals, my grandparents and greatgrandparents kept journals, they are very precious to me. This is just one form of journaling (for me, that is) Halley got her name from my reading of Mary Halley Wilkin's journal, her great great grandmother. I think you are stressing too much about this writing business. . . your draft folders are proof of it. I don't have any. I just vomit on to the blog (as you most definately can tell I'm sure). Okay, I didn't mean to give you a speech, it just feels like you are dying or something. :) :)
ReplyDeleteI missed you yesterday, or did I miss you telling me you weren't going to be here? No lesson next Thurs, but hope to M the week after!!!!
You can delete my comment after reading it, I won't be offended. Love ya
What??? The above post is from Tina, Not Halley, GEE WILIKERS, Halley must have signed onto the computer without my realizing it!!! I'm SOOOOO Happy she is here to visit!!! (even though her name showed on my comment)
ReplyDeleteTINA
T, although I see you with much stronger writing skills than you feel you have, I must commend you for making a decision to get rid of something that is not absolutely enjoyable...especially when it is an 'elective'! Why do it if it is satisfying?
ReplyDeleteI have enjoyed reading your posts. It's been fun to reconnect with you two. But if this has become a burden instead of something you look forward to...you are making a good choice. I wish you and your family all the best!
DON'T GIVE UP!!! I LOVE your blog and posts! In fact, I think you do SUCH a better job than me or most anyone I've read! You have such a way with words - I love it! It's fun to be able to read what is going on in peoples' families, lives, and minds. I have loved it, and even though I resist - grrrr - I will support you in your decision to throw in the towel!
ReplyDeleteNooooooooooo Don't do it!!!!I love to read it too! I told you I think you should work for a magazine or something with your witty comments. Watsa matter! is it to much like a journal ? Do ya feel pressured? Come on stikwitit, mama didn't raise no quitter! Just do it like once a week--while the clothes are in the dryer late at nite and your up waiting anyway.If thats too much maybe just once a month..naaah I can't wait that long:) Come on girrlll,would it help if dear ol'mom wasnt reading? that would be understandable..just block me out or let me know...your fans and family will miss ya....Luv Your biggest fan--MOM
ReplyDeleteYou're right of course, we all hate your blog. It's terrible, no entertainment. That's why it is one of two blogs I actually read on a regular basis. Have you seen my link list?
ReplyDeleteYes, its horrifying when we post something and no one responds. Its even worse when you know a lot of people have read it--and no one responds. But this blog is supposed to be about you. You you you. And believe it or not, we all want to read about you.
So don't quit, butthead.
NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't guit, this is one of my favorite blogs to read. I know you said you aren't fishing for compliments but listen sista... this has been one of the most entertaining blogs I've read and I should know I have over 35 blogs bookmarked! So trust me, I am an expert. I felt the same way at first and then I decided that I would only post once a week and that seemed to take a lot of "pressure" off me. I will miss you. I was finally happy we were keeping in touch though our blogs.
ReplyDeleteHave you changed your mind yet? I'm waiting...
ReplyDeleteI will continue to leave these messages just to get your attention We know how much I need attention.
ReplyDeleteT, I'm sorry to hear you are not going to do your blog anymore. I can't tell you how much I enjoy reading about your life. This has been such a bright spot in my day when I see you have posted something new. You write with such wit and you always make me laugh. I will support you in your decision, but I will miss hearing from you.
ReplyDeleteYou sound sad and that worries me. I hope things are okay there. I'll have to ask my T next time he calls.
I love you honey. Mom J
I think you are crazy to think that no one enjoys reading your blog. You are good at it! One of my favorite posts ever is your "Please Make it Stop" post.
ReplyDeleteYou have to do what you have to do though. We will still love you!
Well, it's been real. I know you weren't fishing, but you should know that I find you witty, hilarious, and very....shall we say, "keepin'-it-real-ish". Hope to see you blogging again soon.
ReplyDeleteSister dear sister.
ReplyDeleteI agree with T's mom. You sound sad or stressed with too much on your mind. And that has me worried for you. Being a myspacer and facebookee I know through experience that when you start worrying if anyone is reading your posts, is when you are most stressed out. Naturally. We put so much of ourselves into our posts and blogs and comments to others, we want others to put as much thought into it. And our stress in real life further isolates us exactly when we are trying to connect with others. I hope you can tell the above responses is that we love reading your blogs. But above that we love you and want you to be at ease.
Therefore, I give you my full permission to take a break from blogging. Shoot you can tell that I did. I put my faith in google again and googled "why blog" and learned that most bloggers quit after three months of continuous posting. So take a break. But I believe you'll get to a point of calm and reflection somewhere down the line( or just wanting to get on a public soapbox again) and feel the need to blog again. Remember blogging isn't a obligation and readers have no claim over you. Blogging should be fun. But I urge you not to delete your blog or profile. keep it for a rainy day, later, when I know you'll blog again.
here's the article that I found most insightful. Although it is about business blogging I think it has a many good points.
http://www.mpdailyfix.com/2006/06/w_why_blog_post_frequency_does.html
Love RAB
hmm the link didn't work....
ReplyDeletetry this one...
http://www.mpdailyfix.com/
2006/06/w_why_blog_post_frequency_does.html
Please don't quit. I got to your blog through Hayley. I love reading about everyone and I definitely have gained better insight into you and your family. In the end, you will be glad you have all these memories, and Miranda will most definitely love reading them when she is older.
ReplyDeleteKaren
So, you don't know me. I grew up and live in Elma (the birthplace of Annie Valentine Tintle) LOL So, I blogged hopped from her blog to yours. I know comments from perfect strangers have no real pull, but I was hoping that you WOULD blog about adoption, being mad at your dad, and homeschooling at least. Those are all subjects that are really interesting for me. I desperately want to adopt (although I'm not since my husband doesn't want to), was homeschooled myself & have homeschooled my kids (although they're all in public school this year), and I'm always mad at my dad! :-) I'd love to hear your opinions! No pressure though!
ReplyDelete