Saturday, June 7, 2008

Raised Right

My mother-in-law did a fabulous job raising her son. That is, if you're looking for husband that does the following: laundry, dishes, vacuuming, singing, sewing, cooking, dancing, scripture reading, love notes, scrapbooking, blah, blah, blah. You get the picture. I definitely got the better end of this stick - sorry, T. I don't think the fact that I can make enchiladas can stand up to his list. Oh well. The thing that is remarkable to me is the tight-knit friendship that he has with his mother. Believe you me, I have no illusions about where I fit into this equation. They (who are they anyway?) always say you can tell what kind of husband a man will be by the way he treats his mother. In that case, I've married Peter Perfection. Wait. I know that T was a toad sometimes as a teenager, but luckily he grew out of it. Phew.

I say all of this to lead up to the fact that T took his mother on a 8 day cruise to Alaska during the May. The answer to your first question is: No. No, I didn't go. Yes, I was invited. T and his siblings came up with an idea to fulfill their mother's lifelong dream of going to Alaska by sending her on a cruise for her 60th birthday. Plans for the 4 children to accompany her fell through for various reasons and my hubby alone spent 10 days away from us to take her on this fabulous trip. Now, I don't know about you, but I don't know many men that will spend ten days alone with their mother (no matter who she is) in the confines of hotels and cruise ship quarters. It's because he loves his mom and she raised him right. Oh, and he has a fabulous wife! Hee, hee.

True, I didn't get to go on a cruise (I'm actually mortified at the thought), but while the cat was away this little mouse bought a new couch. Let's see, when is his next trip??

5 comments:

  1. Yes, You are sooo right his momma raised him right! And you ARE married to Mr. Wonderful! Lucky You:)Sounds like they had a good time,in the foto they both look great.Of course you would've gone if it were say..Switzerland..or France..no doubt! None the less..you ARE A Fabulous understanding wife (You didn't learn that from me:) as we say in our family "You done good"-Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. T's Mom is amazing. I've always felt loved in her presence. T's always had an immense amount of respect for her - even during his 'toad' years (as I was there, I can vouch for that).

    It could be that I'm just emotional today, but this post made me tear up. There's something special about T and his family (and that includes you, other T).

    Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "While the cat was away..." I was starting to think you'd turned into some kind of saint on me. Yes, Todd is a prince but he married a real live princess. You know he got a sweet deal, you're a catch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you made me laugh!! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely agree with Annie!!!

    Love you T!!

    Love,
    T

    ReplyDelete

Gimme some love!