Thursday, May 8, 2008

Stephenie Meyer

This is one thing that I don't understand. The recent phenomena with a book about vampires. It's not as though this is a subject noone has ever attempted before, ya know what I mean? If you look at my Shelfari bookshelf there isn't a whole lot even remotely resembling this genre of writing. Maybe it's because it was written for the young adult market and I've passed that age group. Yep, I check the next box on the list.

In any case, I wanted all of you addicts out there to know there is a decent sized article about little miss thang in the May 5, 2008 edition of TIME magazine. I thought the article was very kind. You can find it here: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1734838,00.html

I hope you enjoy the article you Eric & Bella fans.

8 comments:

  1. You know, I am not a fan of young adult fantasy, but I loved those books. It didn't "feel" like fantasy to me. I swallowed them hook-line-and-sinker, and can't wait for the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um...it's Edward. Not Eric. And they're fantastic. Seriously. I wasn't into that thing either, and I decided I'd at least read one and see if it was worth anything. Read all 3 in 48 hours. They're THAT good. SEriously...my mom has mine-borrow them from her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What are you smoking? You're being stubborn as usual. I too was a nonbeliever, trashed it, judged it, then finally read it. I only have one thing to say: Bite me, Edward.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, no, no, Annie, I know you don't like to be corrected :) but . . . Jacob would be my choice . . . the smile . . .the warmth. . . and would you give up having children? Come on now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too want Edward to bite me. Yum. C'mon, read them. They're a heck of a lot better than the Works and Glories to which I was opposed because everyone kept quoting them in church. Ain't nobody quoting Twilight in my ward! You'd like them. They'd make you shmoopy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmm....
    a dangerous thing to post when you know a Wizard Rocker will be reading.

    Don't worry. I won't get hooked on these series.
    Dude I love pure unadulterated 100% scifi/ fantasy! WOOT! Eww to young adult romance! I can't even stomach romancey chick flicks.
    Plus I need to read more classics by Jules Verne, Isaac Asimov and Arthur C. Clark.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yup beeb. I agree. I only read the books because my friend told me how "AWESOME" they were only to find i was very disappointed. What is all the hype about? The only reason I have to read breaking dawn is to finish the books and be done with them forever. And actually, I didn't read them, i only allowed myself to listen to them because I didn't feel they were worth real time, only time that was already being wasted by driving. The books were mediocre. Not without a bit of entertainment value, but a dog chasing it's tail provides the same type of entertainment, fleeting. Wow, ok im sure i will start a frenzy of comments, but it's cool. Im anonymous!!!

    ReplyDelete

Gimme some love!