I don't remember a time in my life when I have ever been willing to listen to so much talk/news radio. Moving to the Washington Metro area I felt the need to keep up on my information flow and turned to NPR. (Thanks Soeur!) I quickly realized that being near the epicenter of American politics was vastly different than living, oh say, on the opposite side of the country. I'm not listening to the news. I'm living, breathing, eating the news 24/7. People I know work in the places you see on television. It's a bizarre phenomenon.
So, I thought I'd give you all a short quiz on the basics. Don't worry. I won't publish my findings. If I didn't live here, I don't know if I'd have the answers either.
1) Who is the U.N. Secretary General?
2) Who is the President of France?
3) Who is the Speaker of the House?
4) Who is the Majority Whip? Name his/her state.
5) Who is the Senate Majority Leader? Name his/her state.
6) Who is the prominent oppositional Shi'ite leader in Iraq?
7) Who is the President of Haiti?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ready for the answers?
1) Ban Ki-moon
2) Nicolas Sarkozy
3) Nancy Pelosi
4) Jim Clyburn of South Carolina
5) Harry Reid of Nevada
6) Muqtada al-Sadr
7) Rene Preval
What does any of this have to do with you? Plenty. Take a tour on the internet and discover how each person has an effect on your life. Go ahead - I dare you.
So I missed #2 because its France? Do they really matter any way, but I also mised #7. that tells me I am nott much involved in domestic politics and need to expand more into international issues. But honestly I am just trying to keep up on the issues at my house!
ReplyDeletetalk radio is a fav of mine also!! I usually have my mp3 player playing music and then listen to talk radio above that, how weird is that?
ReplyDeleteSadly, even with my father being who he is, I had no answers for any of the above....I'm such a let down to my family.
ReplyDelete