So.
Depressed.
**sigh**
I think you all remember me pining over having MirMir & family portraits taken by the all-time fabuloso photographer Veronica Reeve. Remember?
Well, last year I won a gift certificate for an amazing price on her blog. Mercy me! It was like a dream come true.
Small problem.
She lives in Utah.
Which isn't exactly around the corner from where I live. Some of you may not know that.
So I sorta begged/stalked Veronica (see, we're on a first name basis now) about traveling to my little corner of the big ol' Earth and finally she said YES!
SHE SAID YES!!
There's was just one, little catch. I had to find 10 additional people to commit to having photo sessions with her. I mean, I know she would've done it for me alone, but I didn't want to make her pay all of those business expenses for me.... so I said "I'm all in." Really, how hard could it be to convince people to pay a fraction of what comparable photographers charge out here in our neck of the woods?
Blah, blah, blah. E-mails. Blah. Tons of people signed up. Blah, blah, blah. I take field trips to find appropriate backgrounds. Yadda, yadda. Tons of people drop out at various times because of any number of reasons. I don't have the required number of people. I beg some more. She shows mercy and lowers the required number to 6. I need only a few more people.
I failed to find those people.
I even had to send people back their prepaid session fees. I considered jumping off my couch and ending it all. I even toyed with the thought of cutting MirMir's hair to the nape of her neck. It was a DARK time in our house.
Veronica has been gracious and upbeat throughout the entire process. I can't stand when people are nice while you're miserable -- can you? She ends our correspondence/my stalking, by giving me hope.... she proposes we try again next year in the Spring. Ooooohhh! Cherry blossoms! (and tax returns!) But I hesitate to get my hopes up because it will be tied to others.
Well, in light of my absence of hope I have decided to sell off my Veronica Reeve Gift Certificate.
The certificate entitles you to:
- One session fee
- One full resolution CD with 30 images
- Copyright release
- Cannot be used for weddings or extended/multiple family pictures (you know, reunions and such)
I know you're having sticker shock over the price, but hey --- you get what you pay for. So, if you know anyone in the Utah area that might be interested in purchasing this certificate and using it this year (family pics for a Christmas card?) OR if you might be heading out to Utah and could put it to good use, please contact me here on my blog.
I'll be here.
Eating a pint of Haagen Dazs chocolate chocolate chip ice cream.
Alllll alone.
So sorry to hear about the picture woes.
ReplyDeleteMy sister will be in Boston in Nov. That's at least closer than Utah. (she does photos--http://lesliesgoodreport.blogspot.com)
Maybe you could meet up with her and get some shots done.
Good Luck--I just do JcP or have a goofy shot taken myself because I can't torture my family for much longer than a few nanoseconds.
Bummer! I hate when you win something and then can't use it. Things will start looking up. :)
ReplyDeleteWOW!!!! I can't BELIEVE it's NOT butter!!!! What else can I say but.....WOW!!! I didn't know! I'm soooooooooooooo sorry! NO chance of flying her to CALI?.....or you just driving out there instead of turkey????? Oh BOY! Seester! I don't know what else to say....oh bother! I'm soooooooooooooo sorry!
ReplyDelete