I've decided to tag myself since no one has enough confidence in me to tag me with this latest assignment. I can understand why -- I haven't blogged since - jeez, I don't know, hold on..January 13th. It probably also has something to do with the fact that I don't have a FB account. Also, why is it always 25 random things... why not 17 or 32? Tonight I'm going for 26 since it is late and I'll be lucky to come up with that many random items. I don't know the rules so I'm just going to do my own thing.
1. My biggest fear is losing my memory.
2. My second biggest fear is being electrocuted to death.
3. I can't stand tearing cardboard -- it gives me the heebee-jeebees. Somewhat like nails scratching a chalkboard for some.
4. Every tooth in my mouth has at least one root canal -- and yet, I am RELIGIOUS about taking care of my teeth. I just have very little enamel left on my teeth.
5. Speaking of teeth, I only have 23 teeth in my mouth. The others were pulled for a variety of reasons... 4 wisdom, 5 because there wasn't enough room...
6. I do NOT speak Spanish. I speak fluent French, but that's not going to do me a whole lot of good at a taco truck in California or in a back alley, so -- thanks a lot mom & dad!
7. I had never eaten meatloaf until I was 23 years old. Yes, it's true! How many Mexican/Filipino people do you know that eat meatloaf? Yeah, didn't think so.
8. I am allergic to the smell of cooked broccoli. It will give me an instant migraine and sometimes cause me to vomit. I always ask hosts to avoid cooking it for dinner if I'm coming. Sounds rude, but most people are very accommodating. If you've served me broccoli, obviously I lived through the horror of it all.
9. As a child I always had a dream of singing in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir until - horror of horrors- I realized that would mean living in Utah. I gave up the dream there and then.
10. I have never interviewed for a job that I haven't been offered.
11. I have always wanted to be President of the United States.
12. I have two recurring nightmares. I have them often when I'm sick with a fever. One includes me being shot and falling from a tall building. The other includes me being held bound by an invisble force while red humming rings of light attack me. Spooooooky!
13. I am the shortest of all my mother's children measuring in at 5'. I have shrunk 1 inch in the last several years. Trust me, at my height it doesn't make much of a difference. Unless of course they won't let me on a ride in Disneyland.
14. I have a "gift" of knowing when others are pregnant. I will have a dream about them being pregnant before it's been made public. I have never, ever been wrong.
15. I want to own an event center when I grow up. It will be THE venue for graduation parties, weddings, etc. It will be one stop shopping. When you stop counting your pennies do you want to be an investor?
16. The sound of someone clipping their nails (finger or toe) is enough to make me want to take my own life. OH! I used to have a co-worker (male) that would clip his nails in the office into his garbage can and I could hear his nails hit the metal can...it was disgusting. That is something that should be done in the privacy of your own bathroom. Ugh!
17. I am love with paper. Thank you cards, blank notecards, cardstock, printed specialty paper, new spiral notebooks, new composition notebooks, 3x5 unlined cards. I HAVE to buy it all, but I don't. There is a paper blog that I follow on-line to get my fix. Straight into the eyes, bypassing the larger veins.
18. I have never read a word of a Harry Potter book. Never have, never will.
19. Ditto with Twilight and the others.
20. LOST is my favorite television show. I think it is brilliant.
21. I live four hours from New York City and yet, I have never been. Crying shame, I know.
22. I have a gift for holding a grudge.
23. I only keep in touch with three people from high school. Each time I go home to CA we meet up for dinner or brunch, talk for too long and all is well for another year.
24. I used to have the "I have a Dream" speech by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. memorized.
25. I have no tonsils.
26. My bedroom is red.
Very fun post! You must be feeling better?
ReplyDeleteSO how many pennies to I have to have to be an investor? Megan cleaned me out for some HS thing but they are piling up again!
ReplyDeleteNo tonsils??? How do you live?
ReplyDeleteI'm trying very hard (selling an unlawful amount of things on Craigslist) to make enough cash to come out next month. PRAY for me, I am dying to see you. And the others. We're actually wondering if we might luck out with a year of language training in DC before we go abroad (assuming we get the chance to go abroad).
I should email you sometime.
And I could have SWORN I'd heard you speaking Spanish before. Look, I'm losing MY memory! I remember that you didn't know what shortening was when you needed it for a recipe, and you had to borrow it from us. (I don't keep it anymore.) Cool list! You're such an interesting person.
ReplyDeleteFun list! I loved learning more about you :)
ReplyDeleteYou make me feel better about going to the dentist...again. There is hope! and I loved the list.
ReplyDeleteI am very interested in #14! Can you determine the sex as well?
ReplyDeleteWell this was an interesting list. Seemed very full of fears and yucky things (e.g. toenails). I think you should do this again and have it be 25 reasons why I'm worth knowing or something. Oh wait, that would probably come across as prideful and do nothing for keeping us, oops I mean you, humble:)
ReplyDeleteI, too, loved learning more about you. It's fun to hear what others will divulge when given the opportunity. :)
ReplyDeleteAlso, I'm sorry for that time I fed you broccoli.
Not a Twilight fan either--will never read the books. Have read Harry Potter but can't bring myself to actually keep them around the house. Glad to know I'm not alone.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you held onto that gift that you MUST've gotten from me (the grudge thing that is); and like I said~after reading this list, there is NO denying that you were an ABSOLUTE LIAR when you told me I was adopted~we are SOOOOOOOO sisters! The one I didn't know anything about and want to explore a lil' deeper is the whole cardboard thing...give me some time and ideas and i'm sure we can find the root to that!~soap
ReplyDeleteSo, did you have a dream about me before I made it public??? Hummmmm???? Probably would've been hard since it was like 2 days after I missed my period and I was screaming to everyone..."I'M FINALLY PREGNANT!!!!!" ;) LOL! Love ya!
ReplyDelete