Sunday, October 19, 2008

Medal Contender

This is a shout out to Kris, who flew allll the way across the blasted country to participate in a marathon this weekend. San Francisco to be exact. (I know she just went for the marathon gift bag and marvelous outlet shopping in the Bay area!) I guess I'll have to wait for her return to see how she did in the stores -- oh, and the race, too. Also, Congratulations! to my SIL for completing her first race even when she was sick -- way to go!

Now, granted, Kris is a size 2 (for the love!) and runs every stickin' day of the week, but little did you know that I am a renowned runner. Yep. I compete in several different areas, I just don't like to brag too often. Now it seems that everyone runs and is talking about when their next race is and blah, blah, blah. Heck, I run everyday of the week. Here are some running events where I've swept the medals & I'm still waiting for my gift bag:
  • Run the dishwasher
  • Run the disposal
  • Run errands
  • Run around like a chicken with its head cut off
  • Run my mouth
  • Run to the bathroom
  • Run ragged
  • Run the washing machine

Exhausting isn't it? It's a wonder that they don't have me on the cover of some runner's magazine. I've given up on traditional "running" with its mini-shorts and expensive shoes. I think anyone would agree that it's hazardous to go running with "things" the size of cantaloupes inside their shirt!... and honestly, people were starting to wonder about the black eyes. I've hit my stride and I'm sticking with my brand of running. See that person in the corner of your eye coming up from behind to take the lead? That's me. I'm a contender!

5 comments:

  1. Funny T! I like your kind of "running." It does seem like everyone is talking about their 5k or 10k or marathon they are running. Geesh I HATE running, I don't know how they do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! I love it...I guess I am a runner too and I never even knew it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THAT'S what I'M talking about Seester! Thank you for speaking out for the rest of us 'fruity' contenders! I feel like you've just validated my entire day! I'm glad you spoke up for the rest of us out here! Be grapefruit, watermelon, honey-dew, or cantaloupe....you're NOT alone! Keep up your 'stride'...because there's no marathon longer than the length of life!~soap

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey T. I love what you said about M in your previous post. My sis just found out her second round of in vitro didn't work. She's had adoption in the back of her mind, but wants to be pregnant so bad. They don't know why she can't get pregnant. After 6 years, she's pretty emotional. Anyway, any advice for me to give her? I try to stay away from advice since it usually doesn't help when you have no idea how someone is feeling. I obviously don't know your infertility story, nor am I trying to pry, but if you have any helpful incite, I'd love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go girl! I love your kind of running. My watermelons have drooped so low that now I worry about bruised knee caps instead of eyes. Of course the stomach flopping around doesn't help either. No, I'm with you. I'll "run" my machines and keep my legs healthy. ;-) Mom

    ReplyDelete

Gimme some love!