After a long day of school, my poor M came dragging herself and her backpack through the front door. Luckily I had taken my good mommy pill that day and had a snack waiting for her at the table. (This is a rare occurrence in my house since I am usually busy with some Relief Society related matter when she returns. I could see the surprise on her face that I had pulled off the mommy bit that day.) She plopped herself down.
Mom: "Sooooo, how was your day at school?"
M: "It was phooey!"
Mom: "REAAALLLY?!?! Why?" (I do incredulous really well.)
M: "Because I have a new archenemy." (where did she learn that word?!)
Mom (coughing on a grunt and laughter): "Oh. Who would that be?"
M: "Grace. She watches bad movies from the devil and she is sooooo not going to the celestial kingdom."
Hmm. Not your usual 4 pm conversation with a 6 year old ensued and over snacks and cuddles we talked about Grace's redeeming qualities and why Heavenly Father wants M to be forgiving, less judgemental and more humble. I'm just glad she won't be passing judgement on ME! We all know where I would end up, now don't we? Yep. Soooooo not going you know where.
I have enjoyed catching up on the blogs. I love the most recent M story. Can't wait to see you and hear them for myself in person.
ReplyDeleteArchemeny?!? seriously you know you give her a vocab test every night.. the new word for the day is...
ReplyDelete