Monday, August 10, 2009

Lover's Lane

Just in case you're wondering about the new blog picture -- admit it, you were wondering -- it is a picture taken of "Lover's Lane" in the Cinque Terre, Italy. This is a grouping of five towns on the Mediterranean coast of Italy. We happened to stay in the lovely city of Riomaggiore. Lover's lane is a paved trail between the picturesque cities of Riomaggiore and Manarola. Yes, every evening was this beautiful. It was hard to leave Riomaggiore and M has sworn an oath that she will own an apartment there when she finishes college. I think that's an appropriate graduation gift from her to her parents, don't you think?

2 comments:

  1. It IS be-U-ti-FULL! Maybe by the time M. gets her apartment, I'll have saved enough to visit! :) How can u not fall in love with that lane?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when I was dating this one guy (who I didn't marry) my mom said she wanted to meet him and ask him some questions. The main one being, "Could he support his mother-in-law in the life style to which she would like to accustomed?" I don't think they ever met.

    I think M owes you and what a gorgeous place.

    ReplyDelete

Gimme some love!