Thursday, May 21, 2009

Overstayed My Welcome

Today while we watched M play on a playground very close to the shore of Lac Leman -- the sun was shining, children screaming, parents ignoring their children, T eating Movenpick ice cream (the ultimate in ice cream) my heartstrings played a beautiful tune. The hills were alive with the sound of music. Then, I was not so gently told that I had overstayed my welcome by Europe's official bird:




Pigeon poop on my foot! And shoe!! Lovely. It's time to go home.

2 comments:

  1. Well there you have it! They even are polite enough to send a pigeon with a hint, instead of smiling in your face and pretending to like you just to make you stay and spend! Gotta love European hospitality!~I'm ready for you to come home too!:)soap

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe that was a traditional custom telling you that you are not considered a tourist anymore but now they think of you as a local!

    ReplyDelete

Gimme some love!