Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Jaws of Hell Open!

It all started last summer when my friend in Utah gave me the site to her blog. Up until that point I didn't know a single soul with a blog. A couple of weeks later, while reading her amusing accounts of daily life, I had this "Aha!" moment. Could it be possible to redeem myself from the awful depths of hell that so longingly await a journal lacking heathen like myself? This was my ticket to bypassing the need for a handwritten journal (my hand has phantom pain as I type the word handwritten). I made a solemn oath (okay, it wasn't that dramatic) to conquer the world of blogging with my meager offering. Grammar mistakes, Tanya-isms galore, blatant use of cliches and midnight ramblings be damned! I would make no more excuses.

Of course, since our computer was ancient the day we bought it (it is now 6 years old), I couldn't use the software available to the rest of the world. Long story short, too late, after mucho waiting-o we FINALLY bought a new computer yesterday. This beautiful piece of electronic wizardry has the much needed thingamabobs that allow me to blog. I am forever grateful to my hubby for making it possible to have such luxuries --- hard worker that he is. I also apologize, in advance, to him for everything I am about to reveal about our lives. Please be patient as I decide what to write about during the upcoming days and months. Hell may just have to wait for this heathen --- but save me a seat, okay?

5 comments:

  1. This is the first blog besides my own that I can honestly say I LOVE to read. Is that arrogant of me? Ah well, I'm in good company, right? Oh how I can't wait to devour every private morsel of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I'm excited to hear your ramblings...I suppose you probably haven't been getting our blogs either....http://herryandjayley.blogspot.com. Oh, and if you would like to make your blog a little more personalized, go to this blog for instructions on how to do so.
    http://sjhblogdesign.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. (rab's ears perk up)
    did you say 'wizardry'?
    hehehhee!
    Congrats on the new computer!
    Be wary! With great power comes great responsiblity.
    (Yeah Spiderman ripoff)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, Momma T! I'm so glad you're blogging! I've added you to our kid(s) friend list on our blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, lookee here! I can lurk around in these parts and find out what is going on with friends from ages past...and see where life has lead them.
    I will add you to my reader's list!
    Now, see if you know who I am.

    ReplyDelete

Gimme some love!